Monday, March 29, 2010

Poop on the floor, Part 1

You have a pet bird.  You have poop on the floor, not to mention seeds, crumbs, pieces of veggies, and feathers. 

There are metal skirts around Lenny & Twinkie's cages, but they like to sit on the very edges of them and stick their tail feathers right over the side.

What to do??

I bought some funky fabric and roughly hemmed giant pieces to go under target areas.  Now, I can protect the floors, and I can wash the fabric instead of throwing away tons of newspaper each week.  I made several poop-catchers so that I can swap them out while some are in the wash. 

Check them out!

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I have a cockatiel and am going to get a sun conure soon. I live in the first floor of a duplex and my neighbors upstairs say they cannnot ever hear the cockatiel, which is hard to believe, so I am hoping they dont hate me when I get the conure. granted, we live in a bar district so with the drunks outside i am thinking the bird is theleast of their worries. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kfarro, you might want to consider a quieter small conure, like a Green Cheek Conure! Suns are really good at screeching at a pitch that goes right through walls. Our cockatiel is no comparison to our Sun Conure.

    The #1 reason to get a Green Cheek:
    "They are not loud compared to other parrots and conures. They are in the Pyrrhura genus and make about one half the noise of a Sun or Jenday Conure which makes them ideal for condos or apartments."

    http://www.feathert.com/greencheek.html

    Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Cape Parrot had picked up some less than cute sun conure morning calls from his early days at the Bird and Reptile Connection. Otherwise him and the African Grey are quiet as pet birds can be. My little cockatiel makes the most noise but it allowed because he just wants to be with me 24/7!

    Rachel we have some more baby finchies!!! 3 shaft-tails and 4 societies!!

    ReplyDelete